Food And Beverage
Mission: Support tourism in Guam by promoting the island as a friendly, enjoyable and customer service-oriented holiday destination offering top-quality service to our visitors.
Duties: Offer excellent training to increase employee skills and, ultimately, the service provided to our guests. Foster superior knowledge of all aspects of food and beverage operations.
- Support the local economy by working with local farmers to grow products in sufficient numbers that can be used by all hotels and restaurants.
- Improve health and sanitation regulations.
- Improve ABC rules and regulations.
- Highlight and recognize employees’ special skills and talents through competitions and special events.
- Increase employee skills through better training, internships, apprenticeship, certification and educational programs.
- Work with Guam’s educational institutions to establish curriculum that will ensure graduates are properly trained and motivated to enter Guam’s workforce, thus benefiting both employers and visitors.
- Continue successful partnerships with other organizations that support GHRA’s mission (e.g., Micronesian Chefs’ Association, GCC Culinary Arts Academy, Pro Start LMP Competitions).