Make Our Strength Yours!
WE HELP YOU GROW YOUR BUSINESS
- Promote your business directly to any one of the seven standing committees who meet monthly.
- Participate in all marketing and promotional activities organized by GHRA and its tourism industry partners, including PHARE, Hafa Adai Study Tours, Tourism Month, Taste Guam, Taste Guam Restaurant Month, Governor’s Tourism Cup Golf Tournament, FREE Downloadable APP of GHRA Restaurant Listing and others.
- Participate in four quarterly general membership meetings on an annual basis
- Discounts are provided for members who advertise in the membership directory and on the GHRA website.
- Members are eligible to participate in the GHRA 401K Retirement Plan.
- Members have overnight access to GHRA. Members thought our communications/distribution network via email / fax.
- Members are encouraged to support each other first when needing services and/or products.
WE HELP YOU CUT THROUGH THE RED TAPE
Through the standing committees, we help you address concerns with all government and nongovernment organizations to include, but not to be limited to:
- Department of Public Health and Social Services
- Guam Community College, University of Guam, Guam Department of Education, Guam Employers Council, and other educational institutions.
- Guam Police Departments, Guam Fire Departments and other law enforcement agencies.
- Guam Power Authority, Guam Waterworks Authority and the Public Utilities Commission
- Chamber of Commerce, Guam Visitors Bureau, Guam International Airport Authority, Japan Guam Travel Association, and Korean Travel Association of Guam.
- Department of Parks and Recreation.
- Guam Economic Development Authority and the Department of Revenue and Taxation.
- The Guam Legislature and the Administration through the GHRA Board of Directors and the President.
WE HELP TRAIN AND EDUCATE MEMBERS!
- Members have access to discounts on educational materials from the American Hotel & Lodging Association and the National Restaurant Association.
- Professional educational certifications/designations are provided through the American Hotel & Lodging Association.
- Industry scholarships for members only are available though the GHRA scholarship fund and apprenticeship program with Guam Community College.
- Low cost / no cost professional training are offered to members by GHRA Committees.
- Access to a minimum of three annual workshops on various topics by GHRA with professional guest lecturers from abroad.
- Members have access to industry information available through the GHRA Library.
WE KEEP YOU CONNECTED AND INFORMED!
- Regular Membership Alerts provided on issues affecting your business.
- We provide monthly hotel statistical reports.
- We give members access to membership survey information (wage/benefits/marketing).
- Members are updated on laws, rules and regulations that affect our business and industry.
WE ARE THE BRIDGE BETWEEN OUR INDUSTRY, OUR EMPLOYERS, AND OUR COMMUNITY!
- Donations are made to local charitable organizations on behalf of members.
- Community related promotions are organized such as the Pacific Hotel and Restaurant EXPO, Taste Guam, Keep Guam Clean Beach Clean-Up, Tourism Appreciation Month and the Governor’s Tourism Cup Championship Golf Tournament.
- We organize employee sports activities / leagues for member companies.
WE ARE ACCESSIBLE!