Make Our Strengths Yours
We Help You Grow Your Business!
- Promote your business directly to anyone of the seven standing committees who meet monthly.
- Participate in all marketing and promotional activities organized by GHRA and its tourism industry partners, including PHARE, Hafa Adai Study Tours, Tourism Appreciation Day, Guam Big Summer Festival and others.
- Participate in four quarterly general membership meetings and three hotelier and restaurant meetings on an annual basis.
- Receive discounts when you advertise in the membership directory and on the GHRA website.
- Participate in the GHRA 401(K) retirement plan.
- Have overnight access to GHRA members through our communications / distribution network (fax/email).
- Members are encouraged to support other members first when needing a product or service.
We Help You Cut Through The Red Tape!
Through the standing committees, we help you address concerns with all government and nongovernment organizations to include, but not limited to:
- Department of Public Health and Social Services;
- Guam Community College, University of Guam, Guam Department of Education, Guam Employers Council and other education institutions;
- Guam Police Department, Guam Fire Department and other law enforcement agencies;
- Guam Power Authority, Guam Waterworks Authority and the Public Utilities Commission;
- Chamber of Commerce, Guam Visitors Bureau, Guam International Airport Authority, Japan Guam Travel Association and Korean Travel Association of Guam;
- Department of Parks and Recreation;
- Guam Economic Development Authority and the Department of Revenue and Taxation;
- The Guam Legislature and the Administration through the GHRA Board of Directors and the President.
We Help Train And Educate Members!
Members have access to:
- Discounts on educational material from the American Hotel & Lodging Association and the National Restaurant Association
- Professional educational certifications / designations provided through the American Hotel & Lodging Association;
- Industry scholarships (for members only) available through the GHRA scholarship fund and apprenticeship program with Guam Community College;
- Low-cost/no-cost professional training by GHRA committees;
- A minimum of three annual workshops on various topics by GHRA with professional guests lecturers from abroad;
- Industry information available through the GHRA Library.
We Keep You Connected and Informed!
We provide our members with:
- Regular membership alerts on issues affecting your business;
- Monthly hotel statistical reports;
- Access to membership survey information (wage/benefits/marketing);
- Updates on laws, rules and regulations that affect our business and industry;
We Are The Bridge Between Our Industry, Our Employers And Our Community!
- Donations are made to local charitable organizations on behalf of members.
- Community-related promotions are organized, such as the Pacific Hotel and Restaurant Expo, Taste Guam, Keep Guam Clean Beach Clean-Up and the Tourism Cup Championship Golf Tournament.
- We organize employee sports activities/leagues for member companies.
We Are Accessible!
- We provide consultation over the phone or in person to members on day-to-day workplace issues
- We are available to meet with any member at his or her location and convenience