GHRA History and Mission
The Guam Hotel & Restaurant Association is a private, nonprofit trade association that began 46 years ago. On Aug. 28, 1972, a small group of hoteliers filed articles of incorporation with the Department of Revenue and Taxation for a new corporation to be known as Guam Hotel Association Inc.
In 1974, the six-member board (representing the Guam Hilton Hotel, the Cliff Hotel, the Guam Dai-Ichi Hotel, the Okura Hotel, the Fujita Guam Tumon Beach Hotel and the Reef Hotel) amended its bylaws to include restaurants and renamed it the Guam Hotel & Restaurant Association.
In 1992, the association once again revised its by laws. The following mission statement represents the attitude and philosophy of the association's membership:
The Guam Hotel & Restaurant Association will strive to be an active corporate citizen in the community and work with others to improve the overall quality of life on the island of Guam. Its primary purposes are to:
- Promote the highest standards of service and quality in the hotels and restaurants on Guam;
- Advocate just legislation and governmental regulations governing the conduct of business;
- Improve business-community relations through positive interactions with Guam's citizenry; and
- Publicize the value and benefits of the island's visitor industry to the territory's economy.
The Guam Hotel & Restaurant Association is proud of its history and record of community service activities. It sponsors:
- Academic scholarships in the visitor industry trades
- Training and educational opportunities
- Grant funds for civic projects
- Monthly statistical reports
- An annual gala dinner
- The Pacific Hotel & Restaurant Exposition (PHARE)
- Job fairs
- Social sports leagues
- Taste Guam
- Tourism Cup Championship Golf Tournament
- GHRA Social
- Golden Latte Awards
- Hero Awards
Your company can also be counted among the ranks of hoteliers, restaurateurs and allied industry members. Just complete our application form and send it together with the appropriate dues to the GHRA office at P.O. Box 8565, Tamuning, Guam 96931. Do it today. Come join us!
GHRA is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer. Complaints of discrimination should be sent to: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, or call (202)720-5964 (Voice and TDD).