Chairman, Gabe Simon Phoenix Pacific (Guam), Inc Telephone: 646-6461 | Facsimile: 649-9688 Email: email@example.com
Vice Chairman, Mohamed Jiffry, Outrigger Guam Beach Resort Telephone: 649-9000 | Facsimile: 647-9068 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary, David Perez, Baldgya Group Telephone: 649-7263 | Facsimile: 649-7262 Email: email@example.com
Engineering & Environmental CommitteeMission: Support tourism in Guam by promoting the island as a healthy, safe, clean and environmentally friendly holiday destination offering quality services to our visitors. Duties: Address environmental, infrastructure and utility issues on a timely basis; maintain facilities in excellent and safe conditions; instill a sense of pride and quality in employees through superior knowledge of all aspects of engineering and environmental operations. Objectives:
- Support the ongoing education of committee members on technology and energy-saving/recyclable products and services.
- Coordinate, present and lobby the opinions of committee members
- Support the interaction of committee members by encouraging the sharing of technical information, as well as provide assistance to other members and government agencies during crises.
- Keep GHRA Board of Directors up-to-date on any problems related to individuals or collective memberships and providing advice on resolving problems.
- Award and recognize properties with high standards of quality in an ongoing effort to encourage continuous support of tourism on Guam.
Chairman, John Falan Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort Telephone: 646-2222 | Facsimile: 649-4701 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Chairman, Josh Suka Eat Street Grill Telephone: 989-7327 Email: email@example.com
Secretary, Jennifer Mallo Fiesta Resort Guam Telephone: 646-5881 | Facsimile: 646-6729 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Food & Beverage and Public Relations & Marketing Committee
Food and Beverage CommitteeMission: Support tourism in Guam by promoting the island as a friendly, enjoyable and customer service-oriented holiday destination offering top-quality service to our visitors. Duties: Offer excellent training to increase employee skills and, ultimately, the service provider to our guests. Foster superior knowledge of all aspects of food and beverage operations. Objectives:
- Support the local economy by working with the local farmers to grow products in sufficient numbers that can be used by all hotels and restaurants.
- Improve health and sanitation regulations.
- Highlight and recognize employees' special skills and talents and talents through competitions and special events.
- Increase employee skills through better training, internships, apprenticeship, certification and educational programs.
- Work with Guam's educational institutions to establish curriculum that will ensure graduates are properly trained and motivated to enter Guam's workforce, thus benefitting both employers and visitors. - Continue successful partnerships with other organizations that support GHRA's mission (e.g., Micronesian Chef's Association, GCC Culinary Arts Academy, Pro Start LMP Competitions).
Public Relations & Marketing CommitteeMission: Support tourism in Guam by promoting the island as the holiday destination of choice for visitors. Duties: Encourage the tourism industry to work together in its promotional activities while providing a unified message to visitors. Instill a sense of pride and hospitality in visitor industry employees and the island community through private training and public education of the benefits of tourism on the island's economy. Objectives:
- Promote Guam through special events on Guam and abroad.
- Provide a unified message to visitors.
- Regularly examine and focus marketing efforts on areas offering a diversified and gainful visitor base.
- Encourage production and compilation of visitor studies amied at meeting the needs of our market.
- Encourage active participation from visitor industry members in GHRA activities, and work in conjunction with other GHRA committees.
- Promote the benefits of tourism to Guam's economy through public education and training.
Chairperson, Donna Laguana Outrigger Guam Beach Resort Telephone: 649-9000 | Facsimile: 647-9068 Email: email@example.com
Vice Chairperson Emma Macalino Fiesta Resort & Spa Telephone: 646-5880 | Facsimile: 646-6729 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary, Jenny De Guzman Hyatt Regency Guam Telephone: 647-1234 | Facsimile: 647-1267 Email: email@example.com
Treasurer, Josie Tumamak Pacific Guam Telephone: 646-8744 | Facsimile: 646-8748 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Housekeeping CommitteeMission: Support tourism in Guam by promoting the islands as a safe, clean and enjoyable holiday destination for our visitors. Duties: Maintain facilities in excellent condition and instill a sense of pride, quality and professionalims in employees through superior knowledge of all aspects of housekeeping operations. Objectives:
- Highlight the importance of cleanliness throughout Guam and actively seek participation from other organizations on Guam committed to the same objectives.
- Provide training opportunities to further educate housekeeping employees and invite Guam's educational institutions to participate.
- Make Guam a key destination for tourists and provide the best standards in hygiene, friendliness and courteousness among staff for guest retention.
- Celebrate National Housekeeping Week and International Housekeepers' Day in recognition of the valuable role and contributions of our visitor industry's housekeepers.
- Support, through fundraising events, the GHRA efforts in affording qualified employees off-island training.
Chairperson, Lea Panes Outrigger Guam Beach Resort Telephone: 649-9000 | Facsimile: 647-9068 Email: email@example.com
Vice Chairperson/Secretary, Eric Chong, Guam Community College Telephone: 653-2313 ext 3614 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources & Educational CommitteeMission: Foster a sense of pride and professionalism by offering excellent training and networking opportunities among human resources professionals. Duties: Provide effective and proactive leadership in responding to global changes, governmental actions and community needs. Objectives:
- Increase professionalism of the industry's workforce and promote career development through industry-recognized certification courses, internships and apprenticeships as well as training and education through partnerships with Guam Community College, the University of Guam and other off-island college and universities.
- Facilitate inter-company training and sharing of resources among GHRA members.
- Strategize on improving employer-employee relationships in creating a world-class hospitality workforce on Guam
- Promote Guam by upholding the Hafa Adai spirit and the Chamorro culture while being sensitive to the multi-cultural environment on Guam.
Chairman, Joe Benavente Guam Reef & Olive Spa Telephone: 646-1835 | Facsimile: 649-6339 Email: email@example.com
Vice Chairman, Julian Sabian Hilton Guam Resort & Spa Telephone: 646-1835 | Facsimile: 649-1190 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary, Nadine Perez G4S Secure Solutions Telephone: 646-8341 | Facsimile: 646-8332 Email: email@example.com
Safety & Security CommitteeMission: Proactively participate with the public sector's safety and protection agencies to maintain and strengthen the island's reputation as a safe and peaceful paradise destination. Duties: Promote professional preparedness, conscientious prevention and vigilance, and appropriate response by providing employees with development courses in safety and security as well as outsourcing specialized instructional training. Objectives:
- Provide a safe and secure environment at visitor facilities for both residents and visitors.
- Augment federal and local safety and law enforcement departments when called upon.
- Facilitate continuing education programs in the fields of public safety and security