ENGINEERING & ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITTEE
The Engineering and Environmental Committee of the Guam Hotel & Restaurant Association is an organization within the visitor industry whose common mission is to support tourism in Guam by promoting the island as a healthy, safe, clean, and environmentally friendly holiday destination offering quality services to our visitors. This mission will be achieved by addressing environmental, infrastructure, and utility issues on a timely basis; maintaining facilities in excellent and safe conditions; as well as, instilling a sense of pride and quality in employees through superior knowledge of all aspects of engineering and environmental operations.
The Objectives of the Engineering and Environmental Committee are:
- To support the on-going education of committee members on modern technology, and energy-saving/recycling products and methods;
- To coordinate, present and lobby the opinions of committee members, to government and other respective agencies, concerning situations regarding the engineering and environmental impact on the industry;
- To organize and coordinate technical training programs required by Engineering Committee members;
- To support the interaction of committee members by encouraging the sharing of technical information, as well as by providing assistance to other members and government agencies during crisis situations;
- To keep the GHRA Board of Directors apprised of any problems related to individuals or collective memberships and provide advice on resolving any associated problems; and
- To award and recognize properties with high standards of quality, in an on-going effort to encourage the continuous support of tourism on Guam.